Monday 26 March 2012

Its Been a Little While.. And It's Starting to Look Like Summer!



This yummy little thing made my day!

I'm not blogging as regularly as I would like to as I've been getting home quite late from work and after doing bits and bobs. Firstly, I just need to say, THE HUNGER GAMES IS EQUALLY AS AMAZING AS THE BOOK. I went to see the preview on Thursday after work with my fellow fanatic Steph and Abbey as we just couldn't wait any longer. I wasn't expecting to get so emosh, it was just AMAZING! Cannot wait for the second film, but I'm sure that's going to be quite a wait yet :(

After that outburst, I'll move on to what else I have been up to the past week. On Wednesday, I finally caught up with my NVQ assessor after she had been putting off seeing me for 2 months. I weren't very happy with the lack of contact and generally being left in the dark for so long. Now I have plenty of work to be getting on with though, so I've been doing bits and bobs of it this week. 

Thursday was of course the highlight of my week, with the long anticipated Hunger Games and all. Our local shopping centre is open until 7pm on a Thursday, so Steph and I had planned a whole list of make-up that we wanted to get our hands on. To our disappointment, Boots and Superdrug were already closed by the time we got there :( So we had to make do with Debenhams. 

Friday consisted of me having to walk 3 miles from work into town, as my stupid bus didn't turn up for the second time that week. I am definitely making a complaint, as I didn't get home until 8pm! On a Friday too! I did then pop over to Stephs where I met her new nephew for the first time. I must say he is a cutey. I then had a 5 year old paint my nails, all in the name of fun.

Saturday was a bit of a rush. I was rudely awoken at the crack of dawn by someone mowing their lawn! In hind sight though I am grateful of that as i wouldn't have had the time to do everything I needed if i had got up any later. I popped into town to get a few bits, then had work at the Football Club in the afternoon. I also had the best slushy ever after deciding it was appropriate in the lovely weather we had at the weekend. Work was quite fun, weren't too busy so sat out in the sun with an ice pop and a cold beer watching the footy :)

I arrived in Hatfield to Liams on Saturday evening, and was so tired I fell asleep until 1am. He must think I am so fun haha. I woke up but couldn't actually go back to sleep until about 6am, and woke up shortly after surprisingly feeling fresh as a daisy. Sunday was again gorgeous weather, so the boyfriend and I went for a nice pub lunch. He was feeling a bit under the weather, so we popped in to Superdrug to get him so meds. I of course took this as an opportunity to peruse the make up aisle. This is what i left with -





Firstly, let me just apologise for the terrible photo quality. I only had my phone on me. I bought the blue (shade 9) and black (shade 2) shades of nail polish from the MUA range. The only black nail polish I have is the Barry M Croc and Nail Effects, so thought I may as well buy a plain black one. I wouldn't normally go for the blue shade, but figured why not! As I didn't have a blue polish in my collection :)

I put the Pretty Quick Nail Drying Spray in my basket at the last minute. It was looking directly at me from the till. Very good Superdrug, very good! I was forced to make an impulsive decision with the power of marketing. I'm glad I did though, as this actually works! Not a smudge even only after a minute or so. This is a God send for me, as I always have to re-paint after forgetting that my nails aren't quite dry yet. I was super happy with this product :)

The Pretty Quick Instant Nail Polish Remover is actually something I purchased a week or so ago. Again, this little pot of goodness is amazing! It has a sponge in that is soaked in the remover, which you stick your nail and whirl it around a tad, and voila! Polish instantly removed! I was absolutely amazed by this, as usually it takes me so long to remove all the varnish without leaving some on the sides of the nail which can be tricky to get to. Chan = amazed.




I teamed my new blue MUA polish (shade 9) with my Barry M Berry I/C. Just a quick evening fix as I had work the next day.


I really liked this combo :) The blue polish was very sheer though, so I did need to use about 4 coats.


Finally, I made Liam walk all the way to the shop to get some munchies with me :) We love food!
So I'm off to watch some Friends, drink a cuppa and have a good gorge on this lot. Sorry for the hefty post! I'm going to try to blog more regularly. Have a fandabadooby week!

Chan xx

3 comments:

  1. I've never heard of the Pretty Quick Nail Drying Spray! It sounds like such an effective product- I struggle so much to get all my nail varnish off, especially the glittery ones and the red/coral/pink toned ones!

    Glad you thuoght The Hunger Games was good :)

    Hope you're having a lovely week :)

    Love, Elizabeth xx

    http://butterflyboo.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Berry I/C is one of my favourite shades this spring. It is gorgeous xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Elizabeth, I must say I was so impressed with it! I definitely recommend :) Ah me too, I used to dread having to tske my nail varnish off! The Pretty quick one still does struggle with glitter a bit, so I had to buff some of what was left off.

    You too sweetie!


    Sandra, I agree with you there. Its often my go to polish :)

    xx

    ReplyDelete