Sunday 18 March 2012

MUA Lipstick Review

So today is my first review post! I'm starting off simple as I'm new to this, and it's all a bit of fun :)

I popped into Superdrug on Friday afternoon after work as I was going out that night and wanted to try out a nice red lippy. After spending about half an hour walking up and down the make up aisle, I had quite a few products in the cute little pink basket. I actually really want one of those, but figured I would look  bit of a crazy lady if I went to the check out and asked them to scan it. Maybe another time. I walked past the MUA stand, and couldn't believe the price when I saw these. £1 each, considering the packaging looks pretty high end I was amazed!

I picked up the pink (shade 4) red (shade 13) and dark cherry red (shade 1). I didn't actually swatch them in the shop (don't quite know why, I am new to this remember) and headed to the checkout as they were about to close.




As I mentioned before, I think that the packaging for this product is absolutely great for the price! I think it looks sophisticated and good quality. I've seen a few reviews say that there is more product in the base of the packaging also, so will be interested to see that.

Here are the swatches -



To begin with, I was a bit disappointed with the pink shade as I thought that it would be much more pigmented, but appeared quite sheer. However, I then realised that it would be a great shade for daily wear. As you can see, the two red shades are greatly pigmented. I love the shade on the right, but opted to wear the lighter red shade out on Friday night.

It was fantastic! I actually think it was more of a stain than a lipstick, as i didn't actually re-apply it all night! When I went to remove my make up, it was actually quite a struggle to get off. That to me screams a great product, and for £1 its hard to believe!



This is a picture from Friday night. It was St Paddys themed, and these Leprechauns made my night :D haha. I'm on the left in the red (sorry about the awful picture) with my two beautiful girls Sarah and Jade :)

Anyway, the point of this was to show the product. I'm wearing the brighter red (shade 4).

All in all, I don't think I can say a bad word about the product. And I'm very excited to dive in to the brand!

So that was my first review post. It was fun!

Chan xx




No comments:

Post a Comment